Ah, November on Facebook. Friends filling your news feed with the multitude of things they’re thankful for. Daily. For the next 30 days. If you’re reading this and participating in the mush-fest don’t be offended. Making fun of what everyone is doing is what I do. Keep being grateful, it’s one of the most humbling and satisfying feelings there is. I suggest however that we try to keep in mind all we have the third Friday of this month when alarm clocks the country over are set for two a.m. so we can go jostle each other around and acquire more. I am of course thankful daily for the four F’s: Faith, Family, Friends and Food. The following is a tongue in cheek list of other things I’m thankful for. Expect more lists of “Thankful fors” the rest of the month from some other uhmm…”guest bloggers” perspectives.
1. All 3 of my dogs for going berserk and allowing me an easy exit from the Jehovah’s that came to my door while I was writing this. “Sorry guys, I respect what you’re doing but…well they don’t. Bye now!”
2. Bon Jovi and Springsteen performing in a Sandy benefit concert. Did I call that or what?
3. Those courageous men and women that sport a mullet so the rest of us can play the human punch-buggy game.
4. The All State Mayhem and D-Con rat poison commercials.
5. The cashiers at Wal-Mart whose sullen dispositions always make me try even harder to be pleasant to them. It’s like toying with the guards at Buckingham Palace.
6. Pinterest for allowing me to feel like super mom pinning away crafts and healthy recipes as my children fight like gladiators over the last graham cracker in their PJ’s.
7. Chick-Fil-A for encasing their play place in glass so we can watch the children play like animals in a zoo and not have to hear them.
8. Facebook for all the “Boy, it could be worse” “Geesh, this girl still hasn’t changed” “Wow, that person DID change” ” I’m glad I live 700 miles away from these nuts” moments and endless blog inspiration it provides.